IMRG Capgemini Quarterly Benchmarking
Q3 2017/18 (November 2017 to January 2018)
- Checkout abandonment continues to rise, peaking at its highest ever rate of 35%. The average is now 6% higher than a year ago
- Basket abandonment also increased to 65.3%, suggesting the increases are not isolated to checkout, but a wider industry pattern
- Organic search placement is increasing its importance — it now represents 32% of revenue generated on a website. Up from 28% a year ago
- The percentage of visits via mobile devices continues its upwards trend, now representing 69% of all visits
- The percentage of gross order value that came from orders with a discount applied to them reached a new high at 19.9% — likely due to Black Friday and post-Christmas sales
- The average length of user sessions jumped up to five and half minutes, again a likely consequence of Christmas shopping and deal searching during the festive season
Want to continue reading?
It looks like you don't have a membership tier which gives you access to this content.
Already a member? Login now to view