IMRG Capgemini Quarterly Benchmarking
Q2 2018/19 (May 2018 to July 2018)
- The percentage of sales via mobile devices reached an all-time high of 58%. In Q3 2013 it was half that amount.
- The average percentage of new customers declined yet again to 36% as the online shopping market matures. In Q2 2014 it was 49%.
- Revenue share from social channels broke past the 1% barrier in Q2 2018 (based on last click). The channel is yet to report any significant revenue contribution when viewed on a last click basis.
- The length of user sessions is slowly increasing: the average time spent on a retail website is now just over 4 minutes.
- Clothing retailers are showing as the most successful for converting new customer visits: the total market average is 22%.
- The discount rate dropped slightly during Q2, possibly due to a strong performance of fullprice summer items during the heatwave.
Want to continue reading?
It looks like you don't have a membership tier which gives you access to this content.
Already a member? Login now to view