Supported by IBM
Black Friday has demonstrated a remarkable ability for refusing to settle down into a reliable pattern. It was a day, then a weekend, then a week and now, quite possibly, it’s the entire month of November.
Or, is it even more than that? As people know that there is a period approaching Christmas when all retailers are forced into heavy discounting, it has a significant impact on customer behaviour over the months leading into – and out of – November too.
Black Friday 2018 was a very interesting event, probably the most disruptive and confusing one since 2014. So what did we learn this year, and where does it go from here? This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the peak period in 2018, backed by extensive sales data provided directly to IMRG by more than 210 leading retailers.
This report covers:
- Which dates we now term as the ‘peak’ period
- Overall Christmas trading performance
- Lessons from Black Friday 2018
- Six reasons why spend was subdued during Black Friday 2018
- Email marketing volume throughout November
- The preferred peak delivery option
- Predictions for the future
This report is supported by IBM.
IBM is a global cloud platform and cognitive solutions company, which has continually evolved over the past century to remain at the forefront of technological innovation.Download full report