Retailer membershipEnquire Now
IMRG is a membership association, and we welcome retailers of all sizes into our community - multichannel and pureplay retailers, multinationals, SMEs and micro retailers.
As a retail member you benefit from three things primarily - benchmarking, insight and community.
As a member of IMRG you can benchmark your performance in over 120 KPIs to help you understand where you are strong, and where you are lagging behind the competition.
Our KPIs include growth rates, conversion rates and basket values for multiple sectors and devices (desktop, smartphone and tablet) as well as category-specific metrics covering website performance, customer acquisition & retention, commercial, order fulfilment, geographical split, marketing performance and channels.
If you choose to contribute your own data to our indexes, you’ll also receive a personalised benchmarking report each month comparing your performance against that of your competitors (anonymously).
Data & insights
We listen to our retail members - structuring our insight around the topics they want us to cover, and combining our own index data with that of our solution provider members to generate fresh and unique insights into the trends you need to know about. Our insight is delivered through:
- Reports - tackling the issues and themes that are front-of-mind for our retailers
- Data analysis - delving into the latest trends emerging from the data we track
- Insight articles - best practice information on how to improve performance in a number of areas
Interested in international markets? We publish a series of cross-border trading passports – step-by-step practical guides to trading overseas – on our partner site eCommerce Worldwide.
Community & events
IMRG members are part of a vibrant, active and engaged retail community. When you join us, your entire team have unlimited access (at no extra fee) to our full programme of events. This includes:
- Connect - full-day conferences where experts share best practice
- Retailer roundtables - open sessions for small numbers of retailers from different sectors to share experiences and learn from each other
- Data briefings - focused briefings to help you understand emerging trends for your sector
- Campaign groups - focused on developing solutions to key issues facing the industry
- Forums - focused on a specific topic (fraud, logistics, payments etc) to share the latest information on developments; often featuring guest speakers from regulatory bodies and government
IMRG's benchmarking data helps us understand market trends and gives us deeper insight so that we can have strategies that are set up for success
Mark Felix, Director of Online Trade, John Lewis
IMRG membership has been incredibly useful across the business – the reports are great for benchmarking our performance and the events cover a wide range of relevant topics
Jenny Lovell, Market Research Manager, eBay
The benchmarking IMRG gives us is really useful - it gives us a chance to see other trends happening in the industry
David Williams, Director of Online EMEA, Deckers Brands