Multichannel wholesale in 2016: the magic is in the mix
What best practice exists for running successful multichannel B2B operations?
This report – written for IMRG by Chris Jones (Redsock.biz) and supported by Maginus and Wolseley – is based on feedback from a selection of interviews and case-studies to illustrate how B2B wholesalers in various sectors and categories have developed and implemented best practice into their strategies.
The theme of this paper is that – for wholesalers – multichannel beats single-channel hands-down – the magic is in the mix. Furthermore, this can be achieved simply by doing great digital B2B wholesaling.
Some of the key themes emerging from this report:
- Do the basics brilliantly – make it as easy as possible for your customers to do business with you, whenever and wherever they need to do so
- Establish a single view of your business – customers, products, prices, channel stock and orders
- Personalise – both the front-end and back-end; make it relevant to every single customer, as well as every employee who deals with them
- Exhibit your category leadership – you are experts in your particular category; parade that expertise online
- Use digital – create category-expert tools and services that serve your customers in their daily work
- Reinvigorate EDI – as a digital trading channel for the 21st century for your most valuable customers
- Exploit multichannel – deliver ‘ecommerce with a human touch’
- Get the whole organisation on board – the magic is in the mix…
This report is supported by:
Download the Report
You can download the report here. For non IMRG members, you will need to complete this simple form to be able to download the file.
IMRG members can download the file by simply clicking the link below.