IMRG Capgemini Sales Index - March 2017
Reporting February 2017 Performance
• UK online retail sales grew 14.5% in February.
• Month-on-month performance was minus 7.8%.
• Excluding Travel, the Index recorded annual growth of 13.7% and a monthly decline of 3.2% from January.
• Average basket value (excl. Travel) reached £85 in February 2017, level with January 2017.
• The average conversion rate (excl. Travel) in February was 4.7%, a small margin higher than Feb 2016 at 4.6%.
• The apparel sector grew 13.3% year on year in February 2017, a strong result given the high performance of February in 2016.
• The electricals market returned to positive growth after two consecutive periods of decline. In February the sector reported 1.5% growth.
• The gifts sector saw negative growth for the first time since December 2014 with minus 3.3%.
• Mobile retail sales (tablets and smartphones) grew 12.1% year-on-year in February, and declined 15.1% from the previous month.