IMRG Capgemini Sales Index - November 2016
Reporting November 2016 Performance
- UK e-retail sales grew 22.9% in November. The highest YoY growth since December 2010
- Month-on-month performance was +44.5%
- Excluding travel, the Index recorded annual growth of 21.2% in November and a monthly growth of 48.8% from October.
- The week including Black Friday (Sun 20th -Sat 27th) was up 24% YoY against Black Friday week in 2015. Cyber Monday week was up 9% YoY.
- High st / multichannel retailers outperformed Online-only / catalogue retailers in year-on-year growth for the second month in a row. Multichannel retailers reported an average of 27.0% growth and online only 16.8%. It’s the biggest YoY growth for High St retailers since January 2011 when they reported 30%.
- Conversion rates (exc Travel) increased to 5.2%. The highest rate since December 2015- a likely impact of this years Black Friday shopping.
- Britons spent an estimated £16.46 billion shopping online during November, the highest shopping month ever recorded by IMRG. Total estimated spend YTD 2016 reaching £118.5 billion
Not a Member?
- Benchmark your performance
- Access industry-leading data and insight
- Network with your peers
Solution Provider Benefits
- Become part of IMRG's voice
- Advance your market strategy
- Share thought leadership