Date:15 November 2012
CitySprint looks to recruit hundreds of couriers ahead of “busiest Christmas yet”
CitySprint, the UK’s largest same day distribution company, said today that it could take on as many as 300 couriers in anticipation of its busiest Christmas period yet.
Figures released by CitySprint today reveal that during last year’s festive season the number of retail orders handled by CitySprint increased by a staggering 272.4% in November and 318.7% in December 2011 compared to the monthly average for the rest of the year. CitySprint’s busiest day for retail deliveries was the 23rd December, showing that consumers are increasingly leaving their Christmas shopping to the last minute.
CitySprint made over 500,000 UK deliveries in November and December 2011, and predicts that volumes will be even higher this year. Patrick Gallagher, CEO, CitySprint
commented, “We’re anticipating that this will be our busiest Christmas yet, so we’re pulling out all the stops to make sure we’re ready for the ‘rush’, and we’re urging our retail customers to do the same.
“The home delivery landscape is hotting up. Consumers’ expectations are higher than ever and shoppers now expect delivery to be on their terms. The retail and delivery industries need to work together to make sure that they are offering consumers delivery options that suit their lifestyles this Christmas. And above all, they need to be prepared,” he added.
Earlier this month CitySprint launched ‘MyTime’, an integrated delivery solution which enables retailers to offer their customers time specific delivery options, within a one-hour time window, using the retailers’ existing IT services and ‘pick-pack’ processes.
CitySprint is looking to take on several hundred couriers this Christmas. More information is available at http://www.citysprint.co.uk/courier-work/
Justin Bates/Katie Shaw
0203 617 7240
firstname.lastname@example.org About CitySprint
• CitySprint is the UK’s largest privately owned same day distribution network
• CitySprint offers an extensive portfolio of services including SameDay Courier, SameDay Logistics, International & UK overnight courier services
• CitySprint is backed by leading, independent equity house, Dunedin
• CitySprint has a regional network of 35 wholly-owned service centres across the UK with a fleet of over 2,000 vehicles
• CitySprint’s unique national same day network can reach over 81% of mainland UK within 60 minutes (Source: Crimson & Co.)
• Website: Citysprint.co.uk